The Ripley Veteran's Roll of Honor memorial was dedicated last November (Veteran's Day) and lists the names of those men and women from Ripley who served in the military since WWII. I went to cover a meeting and the memorial service for the newspaper and I'm not sure how it happened, but I ended up being responsible for the making of a dvd of the event. As some of you know, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to computers, so I convinced Bill to do the production work.
Well, we spent 6 hours last Saturday cutting 2 camera angles of video for what is supposed to be a 45 minute production. We ended up with 47 minutes without even touching on the picture montage and the two speeches that will be included. So I went to the committee and viewed the rough draft with them, and we made more cuts. Now it's back to the "cutting room" with Bill.
I'm excited about this project though. I think when it's done it's going to be awesome. The music I suggested to the committee was overwhelming approved and will include Jay Unger's tune "Ashokan Farewell." If it goes as planned, all 700+ names on the memorial will scroll at the end of the video, first to Amazing Grace, played by a local bagpiper, then to a full orchestra version, then to Ashokan Farewell. I think it might be quite emotional in the end.
Anyway, thats what I've been up to lately, along with working on the school's newsletter, The Blue Eagle Express. Dawn's helping me with that one. Our biggest problem now is that my computer crashed with the blue screen of death and all the files I sent to her are unreadable by her computer. sigh I guess it's just gonna be a little late this month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment