
Happy Easter everyone. It's a beautiful sunny day here, but a bit cool compared to the last few days. We actually had Easter dinner on Friday. It was the only day everyone could make it and we had 7. Dad and Uncle Skip couldn't make it because they both have nasty colds.
The dinner was a bit of a disaster. Somehow the mashed potatoes turned into glue (wrong kind of potatoes to mash I guess) and I considered saving the leftover potatoes, and there were plenty of them, to use as glue for the wall paper upstairs. We nixed the idea however, figuring it would draw ants. I severely overcooked the asparagus, turning it into a green mass of stringy slime. Actually, it still tasted okay, just didn't look very appealing. I had made a relish tray earlier with four types of olives, pickles, pickled garlic, grape tomatoes, pickled beets and jalapenos. It looked lovely. I remembered to take it out of the refrigerator about an hour after we finished eating. Along with the relish tray I found the pistachio salad Mom made. Mmmm, pickles and pistachio. Other than that, everything was very nice. The ladies sat on the deck, the guys build a fire and sat in the yard tending it.
I've been feeling pretty poorly lately. My neck is out of whack and it gives me a constant headache most days. That in turn gives me an upset stomach. I may be losing weight from not eating much, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I finally found a NUCCA chiropractor, I think, about 80 miles from here. I'm going to call on Monday to see if the listing I found is current. If not, the next closest one is about 150 miles away. Because of the distance I've been putting it off for almost a year now. Time to get my head screwed on straight again.
On the positive side, I haven't had a cold or upper respiratory infection since I quite doing daycare over 2 years ago!
Hope your Easter is a beautiful one. I'm thinking of you today.
Robyn
No comments:
Post a Comment