Tuesday, June 29, 2010


The weather here has gone from hot and sticky to cool and dry - heavenly! I could take an entire summer of this - high 60s to mid 70s and low humidity. It'll only last until Saturday though, just in time to get really hot for the Block Party.


The sweet peas are in full bloom along all the roadsides and ditches. They're so pretty. I'd like to dig some up and put them in our creek bank, but first I'd have to napalm the bank to get rid of all the weeds and sumac growing there. Maybe a project for the fall.


The folk's kitchen is painted, most of the ceiling fixtures are up, now just waiting for the baseboard to be installed. Then I get to get up on the ladder and paint flowers and stuff along the ceiling. I dunno, seems like every time I get on a ladder I get injured. It's either falling off and hitting furniture on the way down, or hitting some part of my anatomy on corners of countertops and getting BIG bruises. But hey, I'm keeping my chiropractor in business.


Speaking of artwork on the walls, I'll try to take some photos when I get things painted and post them here. No promises though.


If I don't get back here before the weekend, Happy 4th of July to all you colonists out there.

No comments: