Thursday, October 7, 2010

Did I mention we've just acquired kitty #4? Last week a beautiful black and white cat came to our patio door and stayed for two days and two nights. Actually two nights and a day; by the time the second day rolled around we let him in. He is obviously someone's house cat that either was let out or sneaked out and then got lost. I called all the neighbors and no one claimed him, so I guess he's ours now.

I know not all of you out there are cat lovers so I won't bore you with the details of how gorgeous he is, or how cute, or what naughtly little pranks he gets up to with the other three cats. Suffice it to say we're keeping him. We named him Pippin, although I'm not sure why. There must be some significance to it.

I have always maintained that cats pick their people, not the other way around. Of the four cats we now have, only one, Reese, did not have the opportunity to pick us, and that is the one who is most stand-offish. Otherwise, Sadie was from the pound and reached out for us to notice her and Jada showed up on our doorstep, much like Pippin. I love them all, but I think any further strays should pick someone else now.

Poor Pippin is at the vet's this morning, being neutered. Funny, I feel worse for him than I did for any of the female cats. I'll get some pictures and post later. Oh! LOL - pictures of the cats, not the neutering! LMAO!

No comments: