I've been feeling rather artsy/craftsy lately, and, not having any money to blow, I've been looking at decorations and centerpieces at different places, and then trying to figure out how to make similar things at home. My first attempt was an autumn spray for my front door. I've been trying to download the picture, but can't seem to do it. Anyway, I showed it my mother, and she liked it so well she wanted me to make one for her too. I bought most of the flowers at the Family Dollar, as well as the autumn leaf garlands, and then wove them through the back of a plastic flat from the greenhouse.
My next project was a cute little thing I saw at Wegman's grocery store. It was just a bunch of raffia tied together, then spread out with little fall decorations in the middle. I put it on the fireplace hearth with an arrangement of squashes and gourds.
I have all kinds of projects and ideas I wanted to do, and have not felt pressed for time to get them done. Now this week I'm scrambling because I just got offered a job! No more goofing off all day, I'll have to actually plan my time. sigh Oh well, it's a job I'll love I'm pretty sure. Just wish is wasn't full time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to hear that you got the job. Congratulations! Can't wait to see the decorations.
Paris
Post a Comment