Okay, okay! DRR is nagging me to post. I don't really have 50 things to blog about, but a couple things have happened recently. I got my letter of approval to become the new editor for the Ripley school newsletter, The Blue Eagle Express. I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this one. I've not used a publishing program before. The writing, getting stories and photos thing won't be bad, but I'll have to learn an entire program to get the thing laid out. They tell me Pam Boll will be available to help/teach me. Hope this old brain can assimilate everything.
Yesterday (Friday the 20th) was my last official day at the Westfield Republican. My replacement seems really nice and fun and I'm sad I won't be there to work with her, although that wouldn't have been an option anyway. I'll go back Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to train her. After that I'll pop in every few weeks to bug Alex the editor and I'll email in my column and any stories that I write about Ripley. I'm going to enjoy the writing part, that's what I always wanted to do anyway. They're going to pay me for my column, a pittance, but it's something.
Nancy McIntosh at the Ripley library had asked me a couple weeks ago if I'd consider being on the "Friends of the Library" board, and we had our first information meeting this morning. The wish list of what Nancy would like the board to accomplish is huge and daunting, but we're going to meet again in two weeks and break down the list into manageable pieces and timelines. Again, I don't know where I'm going to find the time. Maybe it won't be as much of a time commitment as I'm afraid it will.
Bill and I are working on the Ripley Veteran's Roll of Honor (RVRH) video. So far we've taken over 500 photos and whittled it down to 82 (I think). And Bill's got the two video tapes that were taken and put them on his computer. We've got until Memorial Day to get them done. Another huge time commitment.
Okay, now I'm overwhelmed. I've commmitted to too many things. It all sounded so good at the time though... lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah!!! Everyone has posted recently!!!
Now, Bill and I warned you about the newsletter...a time consuming venture for sure...if you are extra nice, and assuming you want to share, it seems the part you like I don't and vice versa...I rather miss desktop publishing actually. :)
You livin' doll! Do you mean it? I'd love to have your help. And that way I won't be so pressured to learn publishing so quickly. Oh, you're a life saver.
Thank you.
Post a Comment